Newsletter – May 2011
We are happy to announce the availability of latest hotfix to Desktop Central 7 – Build 70216.
Here’s the complete list of enhancements & bug fixes over previous hotfix:
Enhancements & Bug Fixes
- Remote Control will now provide the history of remote connections established using Desktop Central with the duration of each sessions.
- Administrators can also configure the color quality for the remote connections to optimize the bandwidth. The color quality and compression level can be set at the remote office level, which will be common for all the computers in that remote office.
- Support for viewing User Access Control (UAC) dialogs of the remote computers has been included in Remote Control. This is applicable only for client computers running Windows Vista or Windows 7 OS.
- Scheduled Reports that enables you to receive query reports, custom reports and predefined reports in specific formats and a at a specific time has been introduced.
- ‘Show deployment progress’ and ‘Skip deployment’ options introduced in Install/Uninstall software configuration.
- Issue related to upgrading agents in remote office names that contain Latin alphabets has been fixed.
You can download the hotfix and install as per the instructions provided there.
To download complete product , which includes these enhancements, visit our website.
Feature Enhancements in Focus
Remote Control Enhancements
Remote Control feature in Desktop Central has been enhanced to include support for configuring the color quality, ability to capture UAC dialogs in Windows Vista and Windows 7 and to maintain the history of the remote connections estabished using Desktop Central with the duration of each sessions.
Schedule Report Generation Included
Scheduled reports enables you to receive query reports, custom reports and predefined reports in specific formats and a at a specific time. When you schedule a report, the report gets automatically generated and sent to the configured email addresses in the chosen format, like CSV, XLS or PDF.
Here are some useful discussions from our user forums and blogs:
The features in our roadmap that are currently under development include:
All other company and product names may be trademark of the respective companies with which they are associated.