Summer break is finally here. And while teachers and students are off the hook, IT teams in most schools are just getting started. We know you’ve got a to-do list that’s longer than you’d like to admit, but let us take a crack at it. We’ve got the endpoint management cheat sheet you need to get through summer break.
Whether you’re a part of a K-12 school district or a university, Desktop Central is a must-have endpoint management tool. Regardless of what kinds of students you serve, workstations are bound to be a key part of your infrastructure. When it comes to updating your computers for another school year, look no further than Desktop Central. Download a free trial of Desktop Central and go ahead and check these tasks off your to-do list:
- Deploy patches, including third-party updates, to multiple machines at once.
- Create custom software packages and reinstall the software your end users need.
- Review your software licenses and see exactly how many licenses are in use.
- See which computers need to be replaced based on their age, storage space, memory, etc.
- Manage your Windows, Mac, and Linux systems all from a single console
It goes without saying that tablets have become a huge part of K-12 classrooms. Even if you’re not a one-to-one district, you probably have at least a few tablets lying around. Save time updating your school’s mobile devices using Mobile Device Manager Plus, our enterprise mobile device management tool. Look, you’re more than halfway done!
- Quickly deploy apps and configurations to all your mobile devices.
- Securely wipe devices to protect students’ personal data.
- Blacklist apps that aren’t appropriate for school (Angry Birds anyone?).
- Review your current mobile configurations, including restrictions, to plan for next year.
- Create device profiles for certain classes, grade levels, or schools.
Once you’ve taken stock of all your computers and purchased any new equipment, it’s time to get down to business: OS deployment. Manually reinstalling every computer’s OS is slow at best, especially when you have thousands of workstations in your network. Install a free trial of OS Deployer and breeze through the final chunk of your to-do list:
- Quickly create OS images for the different types of computers in your network.
- Deploy OSs to computers across campus right from your IT office.
- Configure computers’ network settings, domain participation, and more right after deploying their OS.
Let our endpoint management tools do some of the heavy lifting this summer. Come on, you’ve earned it! Who knows, you may even have time to take that vacation you’ve been dreaming of. And if your vacation includes time in the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, or Dallas, you’re invited to join us at one of our U.S. endpoint management seminars this July.
Credits : Lisa Ramie