Greetings from ManageEngine Desktop Central!
We are happy to announce the availability of latest hotfix to Desktop Central 7 – Build 70132.
Here’s the complete list of enhancements & bug fixes from the previous hotfix:
Enhancements & Bug Fixes
- Package creation from pre-defined templates introduced under Software Deployment module
- Users will now be able to automatically attach a screenshot of their desktop along with their requests.
- Replication of data in the Distribution Server has been optimized to replicate only in the required remote offices to save WAN bandwidth.
- Adding Computers in SoM has been enhanced; the computers that have been already added will be identified separately.
- Support for configuring Office 2007 and 2010 has been included in MS Office and MS Outlook configurations.
- Option to manually wake up a remote computer has been added in Wake on LAN tool.
- Issue in detecting prohibited software has been fixed
- Issue in blocking/unblocking USB devices using Secure USB Configuration has been fixed.
- Issue in dynamic variables listing has been fixed.
- Slowness in validating the define target has been fixed.
- Issue in deploying patches in some specific cases has been fixed.
You can download the hotfix and install as per the instructions provided there.
To download complete product , which includes these enhancements, visit our website.
Features in Focus
Automate Software Deployment using Pre-Defined Templates
Administrators will now be able to add packages in Desktop Central from pre-defined templates that comprises of most popularly used software. When you create a package from templates, it automatically downloads the software and stores it to the configured network share and adds the package with the necessary silent installation and uninstallation switches.
Attach Screenshot of Users’ Desktop along with the Request
Desktop Central users, will now be able to attach a screenshot of their desktop along with the help desk requests that they send using the Desktop Central icon from the system tray. This will be particularly useful in case if they want to report any errors. Desktop Central automatically captures the screenshot and attach it along with their request.
Intelleligent Data Replication to the Distribution Server
The data replication to the Distribution Servers has been optimized to include intelligence in replicating the required data to the required Distribution Servers. More Details>>
2010 ZOHO Corp.
All rights reserved. ManageEngine is a trademark of ZOHO Corp.
All other company and product names may be trademark of the respective companies with which they are associated..