Picture a typical Monday morning after a long weekend. You arrive at your desk, power up your workstation, enter your username on the login screen, look at the Password field, and realize you’ve forgotten your Active Directory (AD) password. After a frustrated sigh, you contact the IT help desk for assistance.
IT admins are equipped to deal with much more than simple password reset calls from frustrated employees. However, when there’s a huge spike in password reset requests, admins sacrifice their productivity by dealing with these requests. Wouldn’t it be great if users could perform password resets from the login screen of all their major operating systems?
The ADSelfService Plus advantage: Reset AD passwords from the Linux login screen
Linux, an open source OS, is one of the most popular operating systems among users. An integrated self-service password management and single sign-on solution, ADSelfService Plus allows users to reset their passwords and unlock their accounts by accessing the self-service portal from the login screen on Linux, Windows, and macOS machines.
Resetting AD passwords from the Linux login screen
ADSelfService Plus’ login agent places a Reset Password/Unlock Account link on the login screen of user’s machines. Clicking this link will open a password reset portal through which end users can quickly and securely reset their Windows AD passwords.
Password self-service for Linux—how does it work?
- Users click the Reset Password/Unlock Account link displayed on the login screen.
- Next, in the self-service portal that opens, they can click either Password Reset or Account Unlock.
- Once the user’s identity is verified via the enforced authentication techniques, they’ll be allowed to reset their password or unlock their account.
Benefits of ADSelfService Plus’ login agent
- Improved security. Secure every password reset with any or all of the thirteen powerful authentication techniques available in ADSelfService Plus.
- Ease of access. Allow users to reset passwords and unlock accounts in AD from their own device without having to use a colleague’s device to access the web portal.
- Reduced expenses. Reduce expenses due to password reset tickets, and consequently, the workload on the IT team.
Also, don’t forget to check out how users can reset passwords from their Windows and macOS login screens! ADSelfService Plus is completely free to use for up to 50 users. So go ahead and try ADSelfService Plus to see all these features in action.