Recently, businesses have started moving to digital platforms, and as a result, their data volumes are constantly growing across complex, variable network infrastructures, making traditional operations management tools and practices ineffective. ITOps teams often face redundant tasks and challenges in monitoring, data correlation, and data management. To meet these new challenges, ITOps need to be more dynamic and collaborative.
Also, delivering the best customer experience requires efficient ITOps management. Artificial intelligence for IT operations (AIOps) provides a platform for easy, dynamic collaboration between ITOps tools, eliminating the inefficiencies of traditional ITOM methods.
AIOps is a term coined by Gartner in 2016. It combines big data with machine learning to automate ITOps processes, such as event correlation, anomaly detection, and causality determination.
“In a nutshell, AIOps is applying cognitive computing like AI and machine learning techniques to improve IT operations.” —Dr. Adnan Masood, chief architect of AI and machine learning, UST
Using data collected from ITOps and the identification of peculiar patterns, AIOps finds and eliminates the root cause of problems.
Top 3 reasons why AIOps in ITOM is vital
- Reducing huge amounts of unwanted alerts
IT administrators have started making a fuss as there is an unimaginable volume of off-putting alerts in today’s monitoring tools. Most of these alerts are moot points. AIOps can help reduce these alerts by using predictive analysis and pattern recognition.
ITOps teams require multiple tools to keep IT processes running smoothly. Using data analytics to correlate report information from all these tools is a tedious process. AIOps does this job for you, correlating data collected from different tools and providing valuable insights.
After the data is collected, AIOps makes decisions to automate processes that do not require any manual intervention.
Successful ways to implement AIOps in your ITOM
There are a lot of methods of successfully implementing AIOps in your ITOM. The real questions are: Does it align with your business needs, and will it save your company by cutting down costs? If it is implemented properly, yes it can.
- Using AIOps to ensure your business goals are aligned will improve your enterprise’s revenue, according to a Gartner report. The very first step is understanding your ITOps data.
- In order to get the most accurate conclusions out of your AIOps, it is crucial that you feed it as much data as possible. Try to filter out the noises in your data using data analytics tools and correlate different outages with their root causes.
- Automate procedures using a duplicated model of your IT infrastructure to make sure everything runs smoothly. This can be done using OpManager’s Maps. Then implement automation in your actual IT infrastructure.
- Ensure that AIOps models are constantly monitored until they are ready to be deployed.
Are you interested in learning more about how to implement AIOps in your company? Join ManageEngine’s seminar on “The importance of AIOps in ITOM and ways to successfully implement it.” Our technical experts Bijoy Joseph and Vijayakanth Gunasekaran will be there to share their knowledge with you. Hurry to register now!
What will you learn from this event?
- The role AIOps plays in today’s ITOM
- How to achieve in-depth visibility into network performance
- How to accomplish greater control over all network operations
- How to leverage full-stack application monitoring for end-to-end visibility
You’ll also get to interact with our technical experts.
Date: Oct. 6, 2022
Venue: Makati Diamond Residences, the Philippines
Time: 8:15am-1:15pm PHT