With the evolution of technology in recent times, the face of communication is ever-changing. In today’s environment, failing to adapt to these changes would mean failing to understand what the customer needs. Since every organization is migrating to smartphones and tablets, and employees are starting to depend more on these mobile devices, we at the NetFlow Analyzer team decided to up our game in terms of our mobile offering. We proudly present our new and improved iOS app for all Apple devices.
Let me give you a rundown of what’s in store in the new NetFlow Analyzer app.
With the dashboard, you get a glimpse of network details, such as the device summary, recent alarms, protocols, and the device’s network consumption chart. This dashboard also doubles as a home screen, so you have a better idea of what’s happening in the network as soon as the app is launched.
- Instead of the existing split dashboard, the app now has a single column view for better visibility.
- The size of widgets with no data now occupies less space on the screen.
- The colors in charts have been optimized for better visibility.
- Now you can also connect to the demo server directly from the app.
Every time a configured alert threshold is violated, NetFlow Analyzer generates an alert that’s assigned a severity, which ranges from Critical to Trouble, Attention, and Server Down. The app shows alarms from both NetFlow Analyzer and the Network Configuration Management add-on, and it alerts you if a new violation takes place. Tapping on an alarm brings up the Alarm Details view, which shows what time the event happened, any added notes, and other details.
- With the new search and filter option, you can now filter alarms by their severity, the affected infrastructure, the time the device crossed the threshold, and the acknowledgment status, and perform swipe actions directly in the Alarms list.
- Actions such as ping, traceroute, clear, acknowledge, and share have been introduced in the Alarms list and Alarm Details views.
Device list and their details
The Device Details tab has all the required device details, such as the total traffic consumed by the device, the interface list that falls under the device, the applications that are used and the amount of traffic consumed by each application, and the top conversations on the device, along with their source and destination IP addresses. These options help you find which applications and conversations on the device are consuming the most bandwidth, as well as the average speed of each interface in your network.
- You can now filter devices and interfaces based on their type and groups.
- The Device Details tab now includes separate tabs for Device Traffic, Interface, Application, Top Source, Top Destination, Top Conversation, Top QoS, AS View, and Attacks.
Interfaces and their details
The app now has a full-fledged Interface Details tab that shows the top applications and conversations for each interface and how much bandwidth is consumed by them. The interface list has a rundown of all the interfaces, their devices, their status, and how much IN and OUT traffic they’ve consumed.
- Traffic, Application, Top Source, Top Destination, Top QoS, Top Conversation, NBAR[Layer7], NBAR[SNMP], Application Group, AS View, Multicast Traffic, MediaNet Traffic, Http Host, QoS Stats, ART, and Attacks have been made available under Interface Details.
- Now you can also monitor your WLC devices and their specifics, which include Controllers, SSID, Client IP, Client Mac, and Access Points.
The grouping feature in NetFlow Analyzer lets you monitor and analyze custom groups, which comes in handy when you want to monitor the traffic of a group cumulatively (e.g. department-wise traffic). Each group shows the IN and OUT traffic consumed along with their IN and OUT speed, and selecting a group brings up the group’s details, such as the application list along with each application’s traffic consumption, the QoS policy details, and the top conversations.
This update now brings Access Point Groups and SSID Groups in addition to the existing groups, which includes IP Groups and Interface Groups.
Share your experience with the NetFlow Analyzer app and get a $10 gift card.
- Download the NetFlow Analyzer app from the App Store.
- Log in with your credentials and take it for a spin.
- Rate and review the app in the App Store, then take a screenshot of your review.
- Send the screenshot to us at email@example.com.
- We will email you a $10 gift card.
With mobile apps for both Android and iOS, you gain complete control over your entire network anywhere, anytime with just a few taps and swipes. The instant push notifications and preconfigured alerts on various concerns, like network device availability and performance, can help you monitor, diagnose, and address issues quickly without having to reach for your laptop. Take a closer look and share your experience with the improved NetFlow Analyzer iOS app.
NetFlow Analyzer is part of ManageEngine’s suite of ITOM solutions. Apart from bandwidth monitoring, our ITOM suite also has solutions to streamline network monitoring, server monitoring, application monitoring, configuration management, firewall security and compliance, IP address management, and switch port management. This truly makes our ITOM solutions the ideal choice for over one million IT admins worldwide.