Over the past two years, AIOps has seen tremendous gains, with more businesses adopting it and some becoming more adept at utilizing it. A survey conducted by Masergy says nearly 94% of IT leaders firmly believe that AIOps adoption in today’s ITOM is critical.
Enterprises have started implementing AIOps in ITOM to replace traditional ITOps tools and compete with modern business demands. However, a lot of businesses are still behind on this or continue to struggle with making AIOps work in their ITOM.
What is AIOps and how will it benefit your business?
AIOps, defined by Gartner® as artificial intelligence for IT operations, combines machine learning and big data to automate IT operations processes.
There are three key stages of AIOps:
- Observe: Better contextualize events, detect anomalies, and analyze performance metrics with historical and real-time data from different applications.
- Engage (ITSM): Automate tasks, analyze risks, and manage knowledge to navigate incidents and changes.
- Act: Use a variety of automation tools, including scripts, runbooks, and application release automations.
AIOps can greatly benefit your business. A report generated by Forrester Consulting says implementing AIOps can provide more visibility into your IT infrastructure and can boost operational efficiency, reducing false alerts by 95%.
Another report by Dynatrace found that 99% of companies manage their multi-cloud environments using an average of seven monitoring tools. Using these many tools makes it difficult to gain end-to-end visibility across business services. AIOps correlates data between multiple ITOps tools and provides you with valuable insights. It also helps your IT administrators by automating redundant tasks, thereby increasing their productivity.
The best strategies to implement AIOps in your enterprise’s ITOM
There are a few steps that you can follow while implementing AIOps in your organization’s ITOM:
- Make sure adopting AIOps in your ITOps aligns with your business needs.
- Take a small workload from your company that needs improvement, and collect all the data about it.
- Train your AIOps by feeding it the data you’ve collected.
- Automate tasks and monitor them while AIOps does the work for you.
- Talk to your peers about what it does, as some might have job insecurities over AI.
- Deploy AIOps phase by phase in your ITOM starting with small problems before moving on to bigger ones.
- Monitor AIOps even after deploying it to make sure it’s working properly.
You will see continuous improvement over your business as AIOps takes more control over your redundant ITOM tasks. Want to learn more about AIOps and its implementation? ManageEngine is conducting a free seminar on The importance of AIOps in ITOM, and ways to successfully implement it. Our product specialists, Selva Kanivasan and Sharath Babu, will be there to share their impressive knowledge of AIOps with you. Join us to explore AIOps and its capabilities.
Highlights of the event:
- The role AIOps plays in today’s ITOM
- How to achieve in-depth visibility into network performance
- How to accomplish greater control over all network operations
- How to leverage full-stack application monitoring for end-to-end visibility
Date: Oct. 20, 2022
Venue: The Capital Menlyn Maine, South Africa
Time: 8:15am–1:15pm SAST