Due to the growing popularity of digital platforms among a wider range of industries, ITOps teams are facing an increasing number of challenges in monitoring, data correlation, and data management. Today’s ITOps have to be dynamic and collaborative to face these new challenges while reducing costs.
Top businesses always strive to provide an optimal customer experience, which requires efficient ITOM. Artificial intelligence for IT operations, or AIOps, is an approach for ITOps that helps highlight and eliminate inefficiencies in modern ITOM strategies, providing a platform for easy collaboration.
So what exactly is AIOps?
Gartner coined the term AIOps in 2016. It combines artificial intelligence, machine learning, and big data integration in order to optimize IT operations.
AIOps has been described as the future of IT operations, as intelligent automation removes much of the heavy lifting that has required people to handle and manage. – Michael Fisher, management director at OpsRamp, ITOps Times.
By collecting data on IT operations and discovering patterns of anamolies, AIOps finds the root cause of the problem, gives you a holistic view of reports, and eliminates it on a whim.
Putting AIOps into practice: why should you do it?
According to a 2022 PwC report, over 50% of businesses have either fully enabled or have begun implementing AI in their workflows. In order to gain a competitive advantage over these businesses in terms of customer satisfaction, data management, and cost reduction, you might want to consider enabling AIOps in your enterprise. It will also help you increase productivity levels and reinvent your enterprise’s incident management workflows.
Healthy practices to follow while implementing AIOps in ITOM
So, you’re convinced that you want to adopt AIOps in your business. But how do you do it? AIOps is a double-edged sword; it can cost you a lot of time and money if it’s not implemented properly.
- To ensure AIOps aligns with your business goals, try creating a duplicate business model and run AIOps on it to see if it improves your company’s ROI. According to a Gartner report, identifying and understanding your ITOps data is the first step.
- The more data you feed into AIOps, the more accurate its decisions will be. Try to filter out noises in your data using data analytics tools, and correlate different outages with their root cause.
- Train your AIOps models using outage report information. Automate tasks using a duplicated model of your IT infrastructure (this can be done using OpManager’s Maps) to check that it’s working smoothly in a test environment before implementing it in your actual IT infrastructure.
- Check AIOps models constantly until they’re ready to be deployed.
Want to learn more about how you can successfully implement AIOps in your business? Attend ManageEngine’s seminar on The importance of AIOps and ways to implement it. Our solution experts will share their knowledge of AIOps and help you find ways to leverage it into your business. What are you waiting for? Register now!
What you’ll learn from the event:
- The role of AIOps in today’s ITOM
- How you can achieve in-depth visibility into network performance
- How to accomplish greater control over all network operations
- How to leverage full-stack application monitoring for end-to-end visibility
You’ll also have a chance to network with our technical experts.
Date: September 20, 2022
Venue: JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta, Indonesia
Time: 8:15am-1:15pm WIB