So you have a remote office and you are thinking of connectivity options – wired or wireless? Wireless sounds impressive but does it really work? Is it truly cost effective? Do you need a wired backup (just in case)?
Few things that I noticed in the article as advantages of going wireless over wired are:
– Productivity (pretty obvious)
– Ease of deployments (no cables or jacks)
– Cost effectiveness (really)
– Security (No, I am not kidding. Wireless networks can be secured. Period.)
There are two more points I would like to add to that list:
– Scalability. (Increase employee count? Just add laptops and maybe one more access point!)
– Management (including users, performance, configuration etc.)
There are also various options in deployment i.e. thick or thin. Unified switches are also in the market.
If you would like to know more about wireless deployments, security or management, send me a line here – wifi [at] adventnet [dot] com