As a security measure, users’ passwords in Active Directory are set to expire after a certain number of days. Windows alerts users about their expiring passwords, but many users simply don’t pay heed to them, and others (like VPN, OWA, remote mobile users) fail to receive them for a number of reasons. This can lead to various problems, which eventually result in helpdesk calls and productivity loss.
To lessen the burden on IT help desks and cut costs related to password issues, ADSelfService Plus – the password & IT self-service solution – has made its Password Expiry Notification feature absolutely free. Now you can notify unlimited users using this feature and remind them to change their passwords before they expire. Users can change their passwords using ADSelfService Plus itself from anywhere, anytime.
No license, no extra cost and no terms and conditions. Simply download the Free Edition of ADSelfService Plus and start enjoying the benefits. While other features like Self-Password Reset, Self-Account Unlock, and Directory Self-Update are limited to 50 users in the Free Edition, Password Expiry Notification feature supports unlimited users, forever! Password Expiry Reminder has got some excellent features that you won’t find even in paid solutions. Here are some:
- Email and SMS notifications: In addition to alerting users via email, you can also send SMS messages (by buying SMS credits or by using your own custom GSM Modem) to users about their password expiry.
- OU and group-based policies: Formulate unique notification policies for different sets of users.
- Account expiry notifications: Not just password expiry, you can notify users about their imminent account expiry too.
- Notify managers also: Help managers plan in advance by reminding them about the account expiration of their direct reports.
- Phased email notifications: Make the expiry alerts hard to ignore by sending the notification at specific intervals.
- Fully customizable emails and SMS: Email and SMS content can be changed with your own messages. You can even insert images and send emails in HTML format.
So what are you waiting for? Download the Free Edition of ADSelfService Plus and start using Password Expiration Notifier today. See for yourself how effectively it reduces the number of password-related calls to your help desk.