Websphere Troubleshooting

Many a thanks to Satya Dinesh Babu Manne, one of our customers who had found a new way to troubleshoot websphere problem. The solution [What he has basically tried was instead of trying to reuse any existing ports which seem to be having some conflicts, he has defined some new ports and transport chains] is given below:

1) In WebSphere Admin Console, Navigate to Application Servers -> Server Name -> Web Container Settings -> Web Container Transport Chains

2) In this view which shows current transport chains, click on New Button

3) In the resulting wizard at step 1, Give a new name to this chain (I gave it WC_CacheMonitor_Inbound) , and from the template Drop Down box select Webcontainer (Chain 1) and click on Next

4) In Step 2 , give this a new port name to identify it , and the host , port values, For the Port I gave 9030 when creating on instance 1 and 9032 when creating on instance 2. Click on Next.

5) In Step 3, Click on Finish button.

6) Repeat the above steps for each server in Cluster (I got 4 servers)

7) Save Configuration Changes.

8) Navigate to Environment -> Virtual Hosts, Click on New button

9) In the Wizard, give a new name and click on OK button.

10) In the resulting window click on the new Virtual Host created and click on Host Aliases for that Virtual Host.

11) Add the Virtual Host by making sure to reflect the Host and Port numbers (like 9030, 9032 etc) which have been already been created in the previous steps for Web Container Transport chains.

12) Save the Configuration Changes.

13) Navigate to Applications -> Enterprise Applications -> perfServletApp –> Map virtual hosts for Web modules

14) Select the newly created Virtual Host from the Drop Down.

15) Save the Configuration Changes, and restart all Servers.

16) The perfservlet is now accessible though ports 9030 and 9032 against the hosts configured

I was able to configure and test a websphere monitor after making these changes.

2 comments on “Websphere Troubleshooting

  1. Satya Dinesh Babu Manne on said:

    It has been quite a few months since i visited the Appmanager blog and i was quite surprised to see my name on the blog , not surely what i expected when i sent out that mail to support explaining the solution.
    Just wanted to provide a clarification that i had to go through all this procedure mainly to access the PerfServlet in a clustered environment, which was not happening properly before these changes were made.

  2. Blog Jocky » Blog Archive » Websphere Troubleshooting on said:

    [...] alecintanzania wrote an interesting post today onHere’s a quick excerptMany a thanks to Satya Dinesh Babu Manne, one of our customers who had found a new way to troubleshoot websphere problem. The solution [What he has basically tried was instead of trying to reuse any existing ports which seem to be … [...]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

HTML tags are not allowed.